Thursday, May 21, 2009

Canes and Buttons

Last night I made a cute little cane because Gage was asking me how it works. I made one out of scraps of plain coloured clay to show her how one big plain pattern can turn into a really intricate one when you just reduce and then rebuild. She was amazed that something so simple could be so effective, I think it looks like a miniature quilt. I wish I'd taken a picture of the original triangle for a real contrast but alas I thought about that too late!!


Voting closed in Lisa's Big Button Challenge. It turned out to be quite a race for first which was eventually taken by Penny for her fabulous bag, congratulations Penny. My flowery brooch came a respectable second, though obviously I would loved to have won at least now I have entered one thing I may be brave enough to try another.

No comments: