Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Baking

After a quiet day of thrift store shopping and playing with Callum yesterday I am back to work today looking after Krysta. After having an extra day for the weekend with her mom she wasn't really in a being at mine frame of mind so we opted for one of her and Callum's favourite activities; baking.

I wanted a flapjack type slice to put in the kids lunches so we made one, didn't have a recipe I wanted to do so we just made it up as we went along, it turned out brilliantly so I've jotted it down so I know for next time. Best of all it's dairy, egg and nut free so suitable for all of us and Evie's best friend who has allergies.


If you want to give it a go here's a list of ingredients;

100g dairy free margarine
2 tablespoons golden syrup
150g rolled oats
100g plain flour
100g dark chocolate chips
100g dried chopped strawberries

To make just melt the margarine and syrup together in a pan, mix all the dry ingredients and then add the margarine/syrup mix to the bowl. Combine well and then pop it into a baking tray and bake it at 190c for about 10-15 minutes. Slice while warm and then enjoy!

We also made some coconut cup cakes using egg sub and they worked well. Haven't tried one yet so I'll have to let you know how it worked.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Em, those 'flapjacks' look yum! I'll be giving that recipe a go. Thanks for sharing.

Emma said...

thanks Jen, I think they would be even better with a mix of rolled oats and wholegrain oats, and I'm going to do them with dried cranberries or maybe apricots, yum!