Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Books to Inspire

My birthday was back in July and my parents had asked me what I'd like but of course I had no idea. I had been making a list of books I wanted to get myself so a week or so back I emailed my dad with three I was keen on and asked if they might get me one of them. I spoke to them couple of days later and he told me he had ordered them for me, all three WOOHOO!


They started to arrive last Friday, the first one was Betz White's "Warm Fuzzies" which is full of fabulously inspiring fun thinks to make from recycled wool sweaters. The second one arrived on Monday; "Weekend Sewing" by Heather Ross, another book full of wonderful things to make and I have already decided the first one I want to try is the kimono dress. We are just in spring here in NZ at the moment and I think it will be a great dress to have for those lovely spring mornings. The final book arrived on Tuesday; Amy Butler's "In Stitches" which again is full of inspiration. All three books are chock full of beautiful pictures and wonderful ideas. So not only books (which I just love) but beautiful and useful ones, what more could I ask for?

It was the arrival of these books that set me on my way to the op shopping (thrift shop or charity shop if you are not in NZ) I did on Monday which resulted in 8 lovely sweaters which I felted and am part way through cutting up. I''m not sure what to start on first, the dress, some lounge pants or something fuzzie; whatever it is I'll let you know when it's finished.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Nice books you got there Em! Just having a quick peek before I rush and get dins ready. So how do you make sweaters into felt? Hmmmmm....

Amanda said...

Oh, I see you have one of my fave books, Warm Fuzzies! I just love that book :) You'll probably love Sewing Green too (if you don't have it already?). Betz is so very clever :) Looking forward to seeing some of your lovely creations soon! x