Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Yep, my fortieth birthday and apparently I am supposed to be sad and depressed because I am no longer youthful. Well I hope I'm not disappointing anyone but I feel OK. No depression, no mid life crisis I'm doing just fine thank you very much.

I would like to thank everyone who sent cards, called, emailed, left messages on FB and Twitter and told me in person to have a great day. It's great to now that even from the other side of the world friends who I haven't seen for years still remember and take the time to call.


I had some lovely presents, a gorgeous watch, yummy handmade chocolates, clothes, a book and some gift vouchers plus more to come. No big plans for tonight, family time and a chocolate orange cheesecake which the kids and I made earlier. Then tomorrow Neil has a suprise planned of which I am completely in the dark, it's very exciting. All I know is I have to be ready at 6 and wear something nice!!

Anyway my food will be here shortly, the kids have been at the movies giving me a much appreciated 2 hours of peace and quiet and they should be coming back with takeaway from the local Italian restaurant.


Then it's onto that cheesecake.

3 comments:

Kathleen Kinney Mullin said...

I just read "A Thousand Splendid Suns"...really enjoyed it!

Emma said...

So far I've only read 2 chapters but I loved the The Kite Runner so I'm hopeful. He just writes so beautifully and pulls you into his stories.

nickienz said...

The cheese cake tasted fan-bloody-tastic! If you remake it I want to know so I can bowl on over again and scoff!!!! Yummmmmy