Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bookmarks

I have a friend who is Hindu and each year they have a celebration which I believe it is called Raska Bahndan which celebrates the relationship of brothers and sisters. My friend celebrates by giving all the sisters and younger cousins a gift from her husband and son. Last year she asked me to make eighteen bracelets, we worked on a design and I made 18 different bracelets for the occasion. They were a great success apparently and this year she asked me to come up with another idea. I suggested bookmarks and she agreed. Some of the girls are young, four to seven so for them I have decided to make flower bookmarks and instead of using glass I found these cute acrylic beads which I thought would be a safer option for little girls. The first four I made this morning.

So four down, fourteen to go! I may use the same design as I have above with with different colours and styles of beads, I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

Beadweaver said...

Emma those are beautiful!!! I especially like the purple one, of course lol.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to get a bookmark for my birthday pressie, and it's lovely -- using it even as we speak, in another birthday gift -- a hardbound volume of all the Jane Austen novels. Thanks, Emma! XO